Best Movies about Marketing, PR and Advertising
This film outlines the political events that occurred after the death of Princess Diana. It focuses primarily on discussions between Queen Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Tony Blair to reach an agreement on the popular request for a period of national mourning and about the public reactions to the silence of the royal family. Click here and watch Trailer.
Interview, by the recently deceased journalist David Frost, with President Nixon in 1977 regarding his mandate and the Watergate scandal after three years in silence. This interview is a great example of the need for spokesperson training. Click here for Trailer.
10. People I know
Al Pacino plays a public relations expert that takes care of celebrities’ public image, but he will be involved in a dark plot.
20 BEST FINANCE MOVIES or MOVIES ABOUT FINANCE
20. It's a wonderful life
19. The Finance professional as a gambling man
18. Billion dollar day
17. Trillion dollar bet
15. Wall street warriors
14. Wall street
13. Other people's money
12. Barbarians at the gate
11. Rogue trader
10. Boiler room
9. The corporation
8. Enron: The smartest guys in the room
7. Margin call
6. Wall street: Money Never Sleeps
5. The Ascent of Money
4. Capitalism: A love story
3. Why are we all in debt?
2. Inside Job
1. Too Big To Fail
More Films about Finance
It was hard to decide where to cut off the list, and 20 is a rather arbitrary number. If your taste for finance-themed films isn’t sated by my list, here are some others you might enjoy. Drama/Thriller: Rollover (1981; 116 minutes; currency crisis); Quicksilver (1986; drama; 99 minutes; derivatives trading); The Bank (2001; 104 minutes; foreclosure); A Good Year (2006; 118 minutes; private wealth); The Last Day of Lehman Brothers(2009; 60 minutes; bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers); Arbitrage (2012; 107 minutes; accounting fraud). Comedy: Working Girl (1988; 115 minutes; mergers and acquisitions). Documentary: Trader (1987; 56 minutes; futures trading); Super Rich: The Greed Game (2008; 60 minutes; wealth accumulation); The Love of Money (2009; 90 minutes; analysis of financial crisis); Goldman Sachs: Power and Peril (2010; 44 minutes; Goldman Sachs); “The Warning,” on PBS’s Frontline (2009; 56 minutes; securities regulation); Freakonomics (2010; 93 minutes; applied economics);Investment Banking (2011; 32 minutes; investment banking); The Flaw (2011; 78 minutes; analysis of financial crisis).
10 BEST ACCOUNTING MOVIES or ACCOUNTANTS IN MOVIES
10. Shallow Grave: David Stephens ( Three friends discover their new flatmate dead but loaded with cash). 9.The Royal Tenenbaums: Henry Sherman ( An estranged family of former child prodigies reunites when their father announces he is terminally ill). 8. Midnight Run: Jonathan Mardukas ( An accountant is chased by bounty hunters, the FBI, and the Mafia after jumping bail). 7. Stranger than Fiction: Harold Crick. ( An IRS auditor suddenly finds himself the subject of narration only he can hear: narration that begins to affect his entire life, from his work, to his love-interest, to his death). 6. Dead Man: William Blake ( On the run after murdering a man, accountant William Blake encounters a strange North American man named Nobody who prepares him for his journey into the spiritual world). 5. Hitch: Albert Brennaman ( While helping his latest client woo the fine lady of his dreams, a professional "date doctor" finds that his game doesn't quite work on the gossip columnist with whom he's smitten). 4. The Untouchables: Oscar Wallace ( Federal Agent Eliot Ness sets out to stop Al Capone; because of rampant corruption, he assembles a small, hand-picked team). 3. Schindler’s List: Itzhak Stern ( In Poland during World War II, Oskar Schindler gradually becomes concerned for his Jewish workforce after witnessing their persecution by the Nazis). 2. Ghostbusters: Louis Tully ( Three unemployed parapsychology professors set up shop as a unique ghost removal service). 1. The Producers: Leo Bloom ( After putting together another Broadway flop, down-on-his-luck producer Max Bialystock teams up with timid accountant Leo Bloom in a get-rich-quick scheme to put on the world's worst show).
More Films about Accounting
- Carnal Knowledge (1971)
- Save the Tiger (1973)
- Same Time Next Year (1978)
- Highpoint (1982)
- Hannah and her Sisters (1986)
- Moonstruck (1987)
- The Untouchables (1987)
- Midnight Run (1988)
- Lethal Weapon II (1989)
- Look Who’s Talking (1989)
- She-Devil (1989)
- 'The Crimson Permanent Insurance', Monty Python’s Meaning of Life (1983)
- The Hot Spot (1990)
- Strike it Rich (1990)
- Nickel and Dime (1991)
- Oscar (1991)
- Dave (1993)
- Amateur (1994)
- Exotica (1994)
- Circle of Friends (1995)
- Love Affair (1995)
- Nick of Time (1995)
- Bound (1996)
- Zero Effect (1998)
- The Dinner Game (1998)
- The Accountant (2001)
20 MOVIES ALL ENTREPRENEURS SHOULD WATCH
20. The Godfather ( The Godfather is the story about the growth of a small family business as it becomes the largest organised crime family in New York, fighting off opposition at any expense).
19. Glengary Glen Ross ( An examination of the machinations behind the scenes at a real estate office).
18. Wall Street ( A young and impatient stockbroker is willing to do anything to get to the top, including trading on illegal inside information taken through a ruthless and greedy corporate raider who takes the youth under his wing).
17. The Game ( Wealthy San Francisco financier Nicholas Van Orton gets a strange birthday present from wayward brother Conrad: a live-action game that consumes his life).
16. Boiler Room ( Welcome to the new American Dream. Seth Davis (Emmy Award-winner Giovanni Ribisi TV's "My Name is Earl," "Saving Private Ryan") is eager to show his aloof father that he can succeed in life, an ambitious, intelligent college dropout takes a job at a small stock brokerage firm, where he meets with great success).
15. Jerry Maguire ( Tom Cruise stars as Jerry Maguire, a sports agent who is brought to a point of crisis in his life when he unexpectedly decides to become an honorable decent man. The film follows his comedic journey to redemption through an unlikely alliance with a female accountant, and the least important client on his roster).
14. Trading Places ( What happens when you combine the comic genius of Eddie Murphy with Dan Aykroyd and director John Landis? You get a timeless comedy classic laced with sidesplitting, satiric humor. Murphy stars as a small-time con artist who gets a chance to switch lives with Aykroyd's big-time stock market maven).
13. Office Space ( Poor Milton can't get any respect. He works at an evil corporation called Initech and his "office" has been shoved into the basement. He talks to the camera, picks his nose, and threatens ...).
12. Pursuit of Happyness ( A struggling salesman takes custody of his son as he's poised to begin a life-changing professional endeavor).
11. Catch Me if you can ( Frank didn't go to flight school...Frank didn't go to medical school...Frank didn't go to law school...because Frank's still in high school! Inspired by the true story of a brilliant young master of deception and the FBI agent hot on his trail. Directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks. Frank W. Abagnale, Jr. successfully passes himself off as a pilot, a lawyer and a doctor -- all before his 21st birthday!).
10. Rocky ( Rocky Balboa is a struggling boxer trying to make the big time. Working in a meat factory in Philadelphia for a pittance, he also earns extra cash as a debt collector. When heavyweight champion Apollo Creed visits Philadelphia, his managers want to set up an exhibition match between Creed and a struggling boxer, touting the fight as a chance for a "nobody" to become a "somebody". The match is supposed to be easily won by Creed, but someone forgot to tell Rocky, who sees this as his only shot at the big time).
09. Shawshank Redemption ( Two imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency).
08. The Social Network ( Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg creates the social networking site that would become known as Facebook, but is later sued by two brothers who claimed he stole their idea, and the co-founder who was later squeezed out of the business).
07. Pirates of Silicon valley (History of Apple and Microsoft).
06. Forrest Gump ( Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny Curran, eludes him).
05. Blow ( The story of George Jung, the man who established the American cocaine market in the 1970s).
04. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ( Two con men try to settle their rivalry by betting on who can swindle a young American heiress out of $50.000 first).
03. The Aviator ( A biopic depicting the early years of legendary director and aviator Howard Hughes' career, from the late 1920s to the mid-1940s).
02. Risky Business ( A Chicago teenager is looking for fun at home while his parents are away, but the situation quickly gets out of hand).
01. The Corporation ( Documentary that looks at the concept of the corporation throughout recent history up to its present-day dominance).